Identity card (ID card)


If you want to apply for a new ID card, you can make an appointment at the municipal office in the municipality where you are registered. During this appointment, we will prepare the application for your new ID card together with you.

Apply for an identity card

You can make your request in 2 ways:

  1. You start your application digitally. You pay directly online. You then make an appointment to complete your application at the counter. Your identity will be established there and your passport photo and fingerprint will be added to the application.
  2. You make an appointment to apply for an ID card. The complete application is made with you at the desk. You also pay at the counter.

If you have to make an urgent application (pick up the next working day, if the application is completed at the desk before 3 pm), the application cannot be started and paid online, because we want to help you as quickly as possible and we cannot to lose. Additional costs are associated with an urgent request.

Make the appointment, prepare with DigiD and pay with Ideal.

Make the appointment and pay at the counter with a pin.

If you apply for the ID card for your child(ren), your child must be present at the appointment at the desk and subsequently when collecting the ID card.

You can then collect your ID card at the information desk of the city office with the collection receipt that you receive from us with the application. For urgent applications that are completed before 3:00 PM, this will be the next working day, for regular applications, this will be within 5 working days after your desk appointment.

The processes are broadly as follows:

Prepare with DigiD when applying, pay and make an appointment.

Step 1: Start application online with DigiD and payment via iDEAL

Step 2: Desk appointment to complete the application

Step 3: Pick up identity card at the reception (without an appointment)

Make an appointment and pay at the counter with a pin.

Step 1: Make an appointment for the counter

Step 2: Desk appointment to make the application and payment by debit card

Step 3: Pick up identity card at the reception (without an appointment)

Urgent request

Please contact us by phone to make an appointment. Phone number: 14 0113


When you come to the city office, take all IDs and passports you have with you, even if they have expired, and also take a passport photo that meets the requirements for passport photos. You can also take your passport photos in the passport photo booth in the central hall of the municipal office. The passport photo booth is not suitable for children under seven years old. If you have not yet paid for your ID card via Ideal, please also bring your debit card.

For children up to the age of 12, you must obtain written permission from both parents or the person who has custody of the child. You need this permission during the appointment at the city office, which can be done via the digital permission form with DigiD .

Identity card lost or stolen

If your ID card is lost or stolen, report this as soon as possible to prevent misuse. This will be processed immediately if you report the missing digitally with DigiD. If you are unable or unwilling to do so, you can report the missing at the reception during an appointment, please make sure that you indicate this when making the appointment. Lost your ID card abroad? Then first report this to the local police. You then report the loss digitally with DigiD or during an appointment at the desk. If your ID card is missing and you want to make an urgent request, please note that this will probably take a little longer.

Are you leaving today? For more information about an emergency passport, please visit the website of the Dutch government.

Where is the ID card valid

An identity card is valid in most European countries. You can see to which countries you can travel with this on the website of the Dutch government.

Traveling with children

Are you traveling abroad with your child? Then your child must have its own passport or ID card. If your children have a different surname than you, you will need proof that you are the father or mother, or have parental authority. You can read more about traveling with children on the Marchhaussee website. Do you not have custody of the child? You use the permission form for traveling abroad with a minor to demonstrate that you have permission from the persons who have custody of the child for the trip abroad.

Cost 2023

Cost ID card 2023

ID-kaart voor volwassenen van 18 jaar en ouder (10 jaar geldig) €70,35
ID card for adults aged 18 and older, with urgent application €123,35
ID card for young people up to the age of 18 (valid for 5 years) €37,95
ID card for young people up to the age of 18, with urgent application €90,95